Thursday, January 1, 2009

School Reopens

NB: Updated http://www.bryanverygoodluck.blogspot.com/ Congrats, Edric!

All of us went through childhood. Whether is it nice or not very nice memories, let us for once, smile, relax and surrender. Relax and pause for a moment, find the inner child in you. Smile...Even you are 50 or 60 years old, your inner child is always there.
How times flies....as I looked through my childhood photos, many memories came into my mind. Each and every picture brought back so much memories. Unlike children, adults have a more complicated mindset, higher stress level and pain. Today, let's spend 5 mins with Lemon oil and Rose Geranium oil and recall your childhood. You will feel relax. The picture above is Mum and I at
Haw Par Villa :D

I always enjoy having picnics at East Coast Park with my friends and family when I was young. I missed the good old times but I have lost touch with my friends now. Were you one of them? I am the fat fat boy Hahahaa...These are friends whom I have not seen for 30 years.
I remembered Birthday Party was the norm at that time and now, children can hold their birthday celebration at McDonald. Back in the old days, we had Tupperware party right? Hahahaa.. The last Tupperware party was making ice cream....I remembered it does not taste very nice though...

Memory Lanes
I loved to buy tidbits called Kaka (20 cents per pack) because there will be a toy in it and they have a different toy every week :D Movie tickets used to cost only $3.50.
In school, you get a packet of milk which will come just before going home. Sometime you would get chocolate milk, other days might be strawberry milk. The milk came in a triangular packet. Oh...I hate banana flavour!


I remembered my favorite toy is the one where I will throw it onto the wall and it will walk down. It started off with the octopus design. Do you happen to own one then?



Oh ya, remember WESTERN BAR? I wanted to have one badly but Mum say no...so I will always borrow it from my neighbour. I am looking for games and watch games, anyone has? I can buy from you please....


9 comments:

Saito Florence said...

I remember all the toys u mention & it's really a memories.Especially the snack kaka which is my all time favourite last time.And the western bar I used to played,We used to be very poor last time so the western bar is always borrowed from cousin.Nowadays the kids are so good life....if you give them western bar they don't even play,now the kids all play WII......or PSP or latest games which we don't know..:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan Lao Shi,

U mentioned the game n watch n the calculator game, i also like to play. I so happy that one day I came across De Jiang's Blog n found the games.

Wish u & yr family a Happy New Year!

Judy

Edric Hsu said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and readers, Bryan!!!

It's fun to see all your childhood photos and read about your fond memories. :)

Edric

Anonymous said...

U have brought back my childhood memory flashing back to me by drinking Triangular Milk packing of vanilla, strawberry, chocolate.

I love the taste n fragrant of Strawberry. I do not like to drink Chocolate n too sweet.

My parents has reared pig, duck n chicken in the kampong. I love to catch those stray neighbour cats
n climbed up the roof top n capture them in the cage.

I love to play with frog, catfish, dog n plucked those homely grown veg n fruit esp sweet corn, pomelo, sweet potato, papaya, lime, red chillie etc.

I love to watch those Hokkien Opera or song but too bad i do not understand this dialect too well when i am very young.

Anonymous said...

Hi Edric Hsu.

I love to admire or laugh at yr Cat Photo Shot at yr Blog.

I love my hamster, Crystal n a bit botak at her body n silver in color.

U r really a gd n proffessional photographer.

Cheers

Unknown said...

I remebered Western Bar!. I still remember very well how it sounds when cowboy die! Ha haha

Kaka i also buy but I dun play with the toys. I always give it to my classmates.

Children of this ear are too fortunate. They even know how to blog, msn when they are in primary school.

I remember the pkt milk too. I will give the milk away if I got the banana flavour.

Five stones was my favorite and I like to play the eraser game too. Eraser against eraser. Who wins gets the eraser!

I love my school canteen food.

Its quite cool to think of childhood days even though my family was not well off.

Anonymous said...

I dare to catch earthworm. I really enjoyed myself by recalling memory of croaking of frog n toad during heavy rainfall at my kampong.

If i need to visit my relative, i need to pass a graveyard. I am really timid n very scared of darkness when i am very young.

I play with marble, five stone etc. We use wood, charcoal to cook our meal with help of newsaper to start fire.

My relative will stream their rice n so fragrant to eat. We used well water to wash our laundry n shower. I love to admire or watch or count star n moon in the night at my kampong, Jln Sago n now Tampines.

I love my grandma homecooked food eg pork meat ball.

Anonymous said...

My relative have reared many catfish n sheng yu at their kampong well. The fishes r really big in size, blk n grey colour. My mother will double boiled frog, shengyu or catfish with ginseng when we r very young.

Anonymous said...

this is how octopus game looks like

http://www.antidote.com.sg/games/octopus.html