Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jujube === Red Dates



Yap Yap! I am one year older today :)
I will eat red dates to symbolise happiness and abundance. The picture above shows fresh dates. Usually I will use the dried ones. I like red dates tea but I do not eat the dates because it may cause indigestion and bloated stomach.
Benefits of taking red dates tea:
Stops the destruction of the liver tissues caused by viral hepatitis.
It protects the liver from toxins and the ill effects of free radicals.
It is rich in vitamin C.
I drink it 3 times a week. Find it beneficial to health. Red dates is also used to help increase blood flow and oxygen to the brain to improve memory and promotes clear thinking.
Red date is also used in herbal formulas for men to improve their blood flow, and thus enhancing athletic and sexual performance.
What I do normally was to use 10 red dates, remove the seeds, squash it with my hand and put them to boil for 20 minutes. Amount of water used is about 250ml to 300ml of water. Cool it before adding acacia honey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Byran Lao Shi,

Wish you happy birthday and all your wish become true.

Regards,
Ong

April Peck said...

Bryan Lao Shi,

Happy BIRTHDAY to You!
Wish You Everything 顺顺利利,身体健康

Best Regards,
April Peck

Shin Yee said...

Happy Birthday Lao Shi.

Anonymous said...

Bryan Lao Shi,
Happy .. Happy BIRTHDAY to You!
Wish You 身体健康, HAPPY ALWAYS!!

Regards
Lynda