Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekend Beauty Soup




Its weekend again Let me share a recipe of a yummy sweet dessert to sweeten up your weekend :) The portion for my recipe is not a lot, about half a pot.



Ingredients:

1) White fungus (one handful)

2) Yu Zu ็Ž‰็ซน (one handful)

3) 2-3 pieces Honey Dates


4) 1 Chinese Tablespoon Nan Xin Sweet Almond

5) 5 Chinese tablespoon English Barley

6) 6 dried figs


Wash all ingredients and put them in half pot of water. Like many regular housewives, Bryan estimates the ingredients according to our experiences and feel when cooking. I do not like to use any measuring equipments. I used to provide measurements such as grams and many people told me they do not have weighing machine, so now, I tried my best to describe the quantity required. Do not be afraid to try, do not be afraid to cook. Cooking is fun. When I first started, I did a lot of trial & error and experienced from there.



Boil for half an hour. Drink when cool. You don't have to eat the ingredients. I only eat the white fungus. Good to have this dessert once a week to twice a week. Each time 2 cups.




Benefits: Nourish Lungs, Clear radiant skin from within, Collagen. SOUP DNA 99% similar to Birdnest. Fight Freckles. Heal dry throat and prevent cough. Nourish 5 organs and skin. Increase the Qi in body and improve blood cleanliness。Vitamin, Calcium, Hair growth. Yellow Blemishes and Dark Blemishes of skin. Drink the day before you do face and eye mask.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
please anyone can advise what is one wrist size.

Anonymous said...

Wow lao shi the soup is nice. White fungus just a handful will do. Lao shi put wrist size just like a punch of ur wrist that size. estimation..... please....

Anonymous said...

Hi laoshi, any difference if use china barley?

Anonymous said...

use english barley for this one as demo ... is more yummy. ...not much different. ask lao shi years ago....

Anonymous said...

Oic... Ok tks!!!