Friday, May 23, 2008

Aroma - Music - Emotion


During my course of studies, one of my teacher in Australia combines music with aromatherapy. Her name is Judie. She will let us listen to different types of music and discover the aroma in that tune.

Aromas can effect mood and evoke memories besides for body. If the smell of baking cookies, or a lover’s favorite perfume have ever transported you back in time, calling up long-forgotten events and feelings, then you have experienced the powerful association between aromas, emotions, and memories.

These are some of my findings in a case study and till now, I am still doing that because it helps a lot for those who have experienced stress from loneliness, anger and relationship problems.

Many ancient cultures, including those of India, China, and Persia have left records that document their use of fragrance for its effect on mental states and feelings. Rose were prized for enhancing sexual desire and the essential oils of Vetiver, Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Ginger, and Clary Sage have all been used for this purpose.

Many ancient peoples, such as the Romans, became very skilled at utilizing certain fragrant plants for evoking specific mental states and aromatherapy lore reports highly selective effects for specific essential oils. For example, Frankincense have been said to aid in dispelling grief, while Ylang Ylang and Juniper are claimed to aid in coping with guilt.

Bryan Emotion's Remedies Suggestions. ( I will put this in
www.omhealth.com/bryanlist.htm soon with more details)

1. Loneliness --- Rosemary + Lemon
2. Anger from work -- Mandarin + Peppermint
3. Jealous of others --- Lavendula vera + Eucalyptus (open one's heart)
4. Too harsh on one's self --- Rose geranium +Grapefruit Pink
5. Attachment and cannot forget Ex. --- Lavendula vera + Lemon
6. Hatred --- Lavendula vera + Rose geranium + Grapefruit Pink
7. Worries --- Grapefruit Pink + Frankincense
8. Exam Fear --- Rosemary + Rose geranium + Lemon
9. Not Enough --- Peppermint + Bergamot
10. Agitated --- Grapefruit Pink + Patchouli

Directions: One drop each of the selected oil in a pail of water and final rinse your body with this pail of aroma water after shower. Alternatively, 1 drop each of the selected oil onto tissue and carry with you whole day. OR 1 drop each in warm water and perform hand bath.

Have a nice weekend. Next week is a very busy week for me. I have 4 workshops. Fresh batch of cleanser ready. Those who have ordered this week, I will send out on Monday

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Bryan 老师

your list of Bryan emotion's remedies suggestion is FANTASTIC. I will try each and everyone out, even if i am not in that emotion ...heehee.
May i know whats Bergamot and Patchouli.

Thank you

*Bryan Gan* said...

Bergamot is a citrus fruit. Patchouli is in my previous post Huo4 Xiang1. U can buy the dry herb to boil too. ALso Bergamot can be replaced with grapefruitpink too. Enjoy Xue li.

Anonymous said...

Dear lao shi, i agree with Xue li, love today post, and the picture very nice.

Hong.

鸿 (Hong) said...

I love yr post today. I will try out whatever i have.... hehe

Thanks :)Bryan 老师

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan Lao Shi,

May I know what is Vetiver? Today posting interesting, the picture is so nice & sweet....It's a useful tip for those who've different kind of emotions.

Thank you

Bravo
Gerlin

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, is always fill with information. Is a friday the picture seems to bring me back to childhood time.

I enjoy. Wish you success in all workshops.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi I am May from TPY HDB, all our colleagues were talking about you. Some have seen u in HDB Bukit Merah since 2001, they say you look the same.

Cheers. Have a great Weekend.

Unknown said...

You bet Bryan looks the same. In fact I think he looks young and better. Kekeekkeeee...
I can testified because I attended his workshops 5 years ago and have been following his tips till now. Bryan, even though you are much more busy now, you are still very passionate in your work and never a moment, you are selfish to share. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to your crystal class part 2.

Unknown said...

Hi Bryan,
heard so much of your cleanser and serum from my colleagues. First time to try out yesterday and I understand now why it is so highly recommended by my colleagues.I like it very much. Thank you.