Friday, June 27, 2008

Weekend soup :D


The weekend is here again! I have decided to make a friday detox soup :p So early morning, I went market to buy 2 green carrots, $5 pork rib $5. This soup is going to taste so nice!
The market aunty is very cute and funny. She recognised me as Bryan Lao Shi... Hahahaa...I was caught by surprised when she called out to me. She was so helpful and even taught me how to choose fresh vegetables. Thank you aunty!
Here's the ingredients I will be using: 2 green carrots, $5 of lean pork rib, 5 dried oysters, 8 red dates and 5 dried longan.
Procedure:
Wash the green carrots. Remove the skin and cut to cubes. Immerse dried oysters in water for half an hour and wash. Remove seeds from red dates. Put all ingredients into a pot of boiling water.
One popular question at this point of time - How much water to use??
Well, just estimate. The water level should cover all the ingredients and another few cm higher. Boil slowly for 1.5 hours. Add Fish sauce and salt to taste.
SUPER TASTY.
Super Detox: After drinking this soup, you can perform a detox footbath with 2 drops Rosemary and 2 drops Rose Geranium at night. Have fun and a nice weekend.
I spent half an hour to prepare this soup for the whole family to taste at 12pm later. Who wants to drink? $5 per bowl hahahhaaaa....
NB: Dont forget cooking class with me at 2nd August 2008 http://www.omhealth.com/bryanup.htm#CS

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good! I don't have to rack my brain again! Last week soup using lotus root and cuttlefish was well received by my husband and mother-in-law. Thanks Bryan

Anonymous said...

hey
never make 4 me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan

May I know what is green carrot. I have never seen them at the market before.

Anonymous said...

Aiyoyo anonymous,

When u go to the vegetable stall at the market and where u can see white radish or carrots, u should be able to find the green carrots unless it is out of stock on that day. If not go to another stall, u should be able to see one because it is so common. The green carrot looks exactly like the white radish except that usually it is shorter and green in colour and a bit of white at its end as shown in the picture. I hope u accept my description. Happy hunting!

Regards, Chris

Anonymous said...

Hello Bryan lao shi,

May I know this soup is to detox which organ or whole body system?
Tks.

*Bryan Gan* said...

HI chris thanks for ur explanation. Oh this is for whole body. When we feel sluggish. Overeat and fatigue.

Anonymous said...

Bryan lao shi ,
My body is what the chinese describe as 'han' type. May I know whether the 2 nos of the green carrot in this weekend super detox are too cooling for me as I love drinking soups. Please advise. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi catherine the han.... has been countereact by the dried longan and the red dates .

So u can drink and of course u dont drink everyday. Is once a week. Is not as Han as a can of cold drinks.

Hope this may Help.

Doctor Ian (TCM)

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr Ian,

I am so happy to hear the good news from you as I would not be only watching my love ones enjoying the soup but I could enjoy it too. Thank you.