Monday, June 28, 2010

My goodness

I went to do a research on local health shops yesterday. Hmmm. I saw bottled ginger drink with sugar at $8 a bottle from USA. One Tai Tai bought 10 bottles because drinking this ginger drink helps in her bloated stomach..." . Woww...10 bottles == $80. The size of one bottle is like only a cup. Gosh...

If she drinks it daily for 30 days, total spent will be $240 on ginger sugar water. My goodness.

What I will do instead is, to get the pure old ginger and brown sugar from neighbourhood market. Boil them with water.

Be a smart shopper for natural products. The ingredient list on the bottle of ginger drink indicates 50% of ginger extracts and the rest are water, sugar and preservatives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laoshi, you are so cute!!! I totally agreed with you about the ginger tea with brown sugar.This si what I always do for my hubby to drink when his stomach blotted.He loves this drink so much :)

florence

Shin Yee said...

Totally agreed. I like foodcure in natural way. Don't know why ppl would prefer spend so much money and buy something that easily to get from market/ TCM shop...

Anonymous said...

I love your CMI meaning.