Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bryan's Singapore herb task

We may not be able to find much naturally grown herbs in Singapore but every now and then, I will keep a lookout whenever I pass by any greeneries. Saw the picture above? Does the grass above looks familiar to you? Many of us should have seen this before. It was very commonly seen. This herb is called Kyllinga.

It is good to learn the different types of herbs available in Singapore. When there is no more TCM herbs, we can plant and grow our own herbs :) I was quite sad to see so many natural greeneries disppearing slowly as more construction works took place in Singapore. Many herbs were gone... How I wish I can have a piece of small land to grow my own herbs! Hahahahahahahhaha...

Name of Herb : Kyllinga
For cough with phlegm, respiratory system problems, 100 days cough, Arthritis, snake bite, Skin rash or tumors and flu.

Properties:
Not cooling , remove wind and heatiness. For inflammation, you can boil with water and use the water to wash the skin. In future, if you happen to be bitten by a snake in the jungle, quickly crush this grass(if there's one around you) and put on the affected area.

For cough, respiratory inflammation: Boil 60 gram of kyllinga with water. Drink twice a day.
For high fever: Squeeze out the juice like wheat grass juice and drink (90g)
Pregnant ladies do not take this :)

Disclaimer: Please do not self treat if you are suffering from any illness. Consult a doctor instead. The above is my research material to equip you with survivor knowledge when there is no herbs.


NB: All skin care products arrived fresh. Check out www.omhealth.com/bryanlist.htm

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

U are really superman doingso many things. I love your mala, it produce good results. Thanks alot. I would want to order the tiger eye piyao but is it sutiable for kids.

Lay yin

Anonymous said...

Bryan Lao Shi, i love my beautiful bracelet. I have plugged my earpiece for music cum relaxation that i received news of alteration of Feng Ying June's receipe shld be 250g of cake flour instead of 4 portions at the natural park. I will be attending my dancing class in the mid of Dec 2008 as my 1st lesson.

fm kt

Anonymous said...

I am hoping n looking forward to attend our Bryan Lao Shi Workshop cum live piano concert in the future bec i have missed out this yr 2008.

Unknown said...

This is a very interesting information. I never know grass so common in our daily life can be used as herbs.
Thanks for sharing :>

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan,
what an interesting post you have today.

This is my first attempt to use a facial scrub after many years. My face feels very soft after the gentle scrub.


Nadia

Anonymous said...

Bryan Lao Shi ,nw then i noe tis plant is a kind of herbs. Last time i stay Kam Pong ar~ so many of it . Unthx for sharing . ^^ LOLX.

Anonymous said...

Bryan Laoshi,
I finally believe the hair dryer method is effective enough to cure my blocked nose. This method is even more effective then taking the flu medicine. I was having blocked nose since last night. The medicine did not help much. Just now, your hair dryer method came to my mind and I tried it with peppermint, lavendula vera and euculyptus. The blockage was cleared within a few secs. It is so amazing.

Unknown said...

Bryan,
thanks for telling me another method to use sandalwood oil. The oil is excellent.
My skin feels nice and smooth when I used the blended rice bran oil with sandalwood oil. I love the lingering sandalwood smell.

Anonymous said...

Gd evening Bryan teacher,
I like the 5 elements oil very much. It is an immune booster for me.

I like your sandalwood oil too. The woody aroma is very alluring.

Mitch

Unknown said...

Ever since I use Bryan's aroma oil, I stopped using perfumes.
The final rinse using rose geranium oil and lemon/lavendula vera leaves my hair smelling nice and looking healthy.
I also like to dap certain aroma oil on my wrist and this is a natural perfume to me.